Support Grassroots Economic Organizing
We hope you enjoy our website and find it useful! Please help support our vision:
- to promote a solidarity economy as an alternative to corporate capitalism; and
- to develop, as a viable mainstream option, a just, green, democratic, and local stakeholder-controlled grassroots economy with a place for everyone.
Since 1992, we have reported on worker-ownership, fair trade, workplace democracy and self-management in the U.S. and other countries. With your help, we plan to continue, including coverage of the new U.S. Federation of Worker Co-ops and Democratic Workplaces. We plan to publish an updated, revised printed and searchable on line version of our directory of democratic workplaces, An Economy or Hope. This will be a collaborative effort with the U.S. Federation, the National Association of Students of Cooperatives (NASCO) and other groups. We are also working on a joint project with NASCO to provide education about worker co-ops at their conferences.
We need your donations to help us maintain this website and our printed publication, GEO, and to continue our work to update the directory and implement the education project. Our editors work mostly on a volunteer basis, yet income from GEO subscriptions and small grants does not cover all of our expenses. We depend on contributions from supporters like you.
Please be generous with your tax deductible donation! In solidarity, the GEO Collective:
Ajowa, Betsy, Bob, Ethan, Frank, Jessica, Jim, John, Ken, and Len.
P.S. We invite you to join our monthly sustainers -- $10, $20 or more per month. Just click on "please donate" below. (Transactions are secure, thru Paypal).
A low-volume email list connecting you with our latest issues, articles and special features. Subscribe now!
- 12: International Year of the Cooperative
- 11: Lessons for Today from "Black Like Me"
- 10: Occupy! Connect! Create!
- 9: Collective Action: Research, Practice and Theory
- 8: Worker Cooperative Development Models
- 7: The Cooperative Advantage
- 6: Inter-cooperation is Key
- 5: Education For Economic Liberation
- 4: Land, Food, Childcare, Laundry, and a Book
- 3: Worker Cooperative Replication
- 2: Strengthening the Movement
- 1: Grassroots Democracy In Action